INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ON IMPLEMENTATIONS OF ISLAMIC ECONOMICS TO POSITIVE ECONOMIC IN THE WORLD AS ALTERNATIVE OF CONVENTIONAL ECONOMIC SYSTEM
TOWARD DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEW ERA OF THE HOLISTIC ECONOMICS
In the recent of three decades of Islamic economics development has progressed very rapidly, both in terms of academic studies in the universities or in Islamic economic activities. To respon the new era of globalization in the holistic economics, Islamic economics has been developed in the various universities, both in the Moslem or Non Moslem countries such as in Europe, United States and Australia. In United Kingdom, there are some universities already developed the Islamic economics study such as University of Durham, University of Portsmouth, Markfield Institute of Higher Education (MIHE), University of Leicester, and Loughborough University. In United States, it is performed at Harvard University, Mc Gill University in Montreal Canada and University of Wollonggong in Australia.
While in practice, it has been developed in terms of Islamic Banking and other Financial Institutions. Recently, Islamic Banking and Financial Institutions exist in 75 countries with more than 400 Financial Institutions. Some Western countries have been developed the Islamic Banking, they are UK, USA, Canada, Luxemburg, Switzerland, Denmark, France, Russia, Bahama Island, Cayman Island and Virgin Island.
In Indonesia, Islamic Economics studies and activities are also developed rapidly. There are some universities both public and private have developed Islamic Economics study Program such as in Airlangga University, Surabaya; Indonesian University, Trisakti and Syarif Hidayatullah University in Jakarta. In the beginning and significant momentum of Islamic Economics development since the establishment of Bank Muamalat Indonesia in 1992. In that mille stone history, the formal legal foundation of Islamic Banking system has been supported by the legal aspect of Law Number 7, 1992 related with Law Number 10, 1998 and Law Number 23, 1999, Law of Indonesian Bank. The Islamic Economics Thought has been practice even not complete yet on the whole activities/kaffah since before the independence day of the Indonesian Republic. In 1911 has been established Syarikat Dagang Islam (Islamic Trade Association) organized by the Entrepreneurs, Moslem Leaders and Iintellectuals.
The very brightening condition of Islamic Economic development has been reflected in the daily activities of Indonesian Ummah since long years ago such as farmers, producers, traders and other of socio-economic activities based on Al Quran and As Sunnah.
Indonesian Bank as the Central Bank always support to develope an Islamic Banking and Finance to respon the enthusiasm ideas of ummah and become an engine and agent of development of Islamic Economics Thought and Practice in Indonesia as a biggest moslem country in the world with total moslem people close to 200 million.
In 1997/1998 when monetery crisis become an economic crisis, Indonesian Central Bank took over several bankrupt Banks through BLBI (Indonesian Bank Liquidation Aid). In the same period of monetary and economic crisis, an several Islamic Banks has been grownups steadily and followed by more Islamic socio-economic activities but in the small and medium size of business scale.
According to globalization of convencional economic development in one side and the rapidly progress of ummah activities in Islamic economy include banking and finance in other side, there is a big challenge to develope more economic activities based on Al Quran and As Sunnah. The most important thing are economic system credibility on globalization in holistic economy and structure of regulations, policies and legal aspects in the national or international level.
In the good climate of the an intelectual’s atmosphere of Indonesian Islamic Economics Experts, there are academicians, practitioners, birocrates and institution’s leaders have established Indonesian Association of Islamic Economist (IAEI) on March 4, 2004 at the Vice President’s Palace of Indonesian Republic.
NAME OF ACTIVITIES
These activities are an annually Meeting of Indonesian Islamic Economics Experts Association and International Seminar on:
THE IMPLEMENTATIONS OF ISLAMIC ECONOMICS TO POSITIVE ECONOMIC IN THE WORLD AS THE ALTERNATIVE OF CONVENTIONAL ECONOMICS SYSTEM TOWARD DEVELOPMENT IN THE NEW ERA OF THE HOLISTIC ECONOMICS.
- to discuss an opportunities, challenges and obstacles of national and international Islamic Economics development, in the frame of formulating the future political strategy program.
- to discuss, explore new ideas and issues related to Islamic Economic progress in the Moslem countries.
- to identify challenges and opportunities for the development of Islamic Economic especially on point of view of Banking and Finance in Indonesia and worldwide.
- to explore and develop new issues of current trend of Islamic Economic activities and Islamic Banking system
- to built network and synergy between academicians and practitioners of Islamic economic activities in national and international level
BENEFIT OF PARTICIPANTS
- to realize the vision and mission consistency, between academicians and practitioners to develope the Islamic economics in globalization era.
- to review the preparation of the Islamic Economic Development Plan in the Moslem Countries.
- to update the knowledge of the new issue in Islamic Economy for Islamic Economic scholars
- to know the current development of Islamic Economic and International Islamic Financial Institutions and products.
- to make platform, networking and sharing experiences between an international, regional and local experties, practitioners and other participants.
WHY YOU SHOULD BE THERE?
Are you looking for any valuable ideas, unique insights from the world’s most spectacular figures? Are you seeking new ideas and inspiration from experts who have high quality intelegence?
The International seminar on Islamic Economics in Surabaya, Indonesia has many benefits :
- to be participate this world class seminar with international experts, visiting professors, and other birocrates who will share their experiences, knowledges and vision of lives, its most important occasion.
- to discuss with more than ten international professional speakers will increase of participant’s creation and perspective innovation.
- to attend this event will give you high experiences and advantages in the new unique networking and opportunities.
- to built the new networking with more than one hundred Indonesian students of PhD candidates and more than thirty experince professors in Islamic Economics.
The participants prospective of International Seminar will more than 250 participants, are:
- Top Goverment Political Authority
- Planners, Policy and Decision makers
- Senior Professors, International Experts and Regional Birocrates
- Rectors, Deans, Directors of Studies Program, Chiefs of Department and Islamic Economics PhD candidates of International and National Universities
- National Sharia Board of MUI
- Board of Directors of several Indonesian Islamic Banks
- Regulator and Supervisory Authorities
- Board of Director of Sharia Insurances
- Board of Directors of other Financial Islamic Institutions
- Commissioners of IAEI
- Leaders of Islamic Economics Organizations
- Directors of Social Institutions (ZISWAF)
- Leaders of Religious Organizations (NU, Muhammadyah etc)
- Other invitations
TIME AND VENUE
Will be held on August 1 to 3, 2008 at Airlangga University, Campus C (Venue), Mulyorejo Street, Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia.
REGISTRATION FEE AND HOTEL ACCOMODATION
- International Participants ( per person )
- General / Professional Participants (US. $ 200.-)
- Student Participants (US. $ 150.-)
- Indonesian Participants ( per person )
- General / Professional Participants (Rp.750,000.-)
- Student Participants (Rp.600,000.-)
- Ph.D Candidates Student on Islamic Economicts of UNAIR (Rp.200,000.-)
Room Rates of Hotel Accomodation
- Mercure Hotel (****) US. $ 50.- to US. $ 70.-
- Natur Simpang Hotel (***) US. $ 40.- to US. $ 50.-
- Sahid Hotel (***) US. $ 35.- to US. $ 50.-
- RPN International Home Stay
- Sweet Room US. $ 30.-
- Deluxe US. $ 25.-
- Standard US. $ 20.-
- Other Home Stay US. $ 30.- to US. $ 35.-
Notes : Registration Fee is include expenses of seminar kit and papers, breakfast-lunch-dinner in 3 days seminar time, but exclude of hotel accomodations.
SPEAKERS AND SUBJECT
1. Prof. Dr. Boediono (Governor of Bank Indonesia)
- The Future of Indonesian Economy: An Islamic Economic Perspective.
2. Prof. Dr. Alwi Shihab, Ph.D (Special Envoy for The Middle East Affairs of the Indonesian President)
- The Challenges, Opportunities and Prospect of Islamic Banking and Finance in Indonesia.
3. Dr. Ali Biniaz (Director of Centre for Internasional Economy and Energy, Institute for Political and Internasional Studies, Teheran, Iran)
- The Opportunities and Challenges of Islamic Economics in the Globalization Era.
4. Dr. Mustafa Dasuqy Kasaba (Executive Director of Centre for Islamic Economics and Finance, Al Azhar University, Cairo)
- The Implementation of Islamic Economics as Alternative of Conventional Economics System to Develope The Holistic Economic Justice and Peacefull in the World.
5. Dr. Siti Chalimah Fadjrijah, SE, Akt., MM (Deputy Governor of Bank Indonesia)
- The Strategic Policy to Develope Islamic Banking and Finance in Indonesia.
6. Dr. Rachmat Waluyanto (General Director of Ministry of Finance, Republic of Indonesia)
- The Strategic of Financial Policy to Develope Industrial Sector in Indonesia.
7. Prof. Dr. Suroso Imam Zadjuli, SE (Chairman of IAEI and Director of Postgraduate Program, Airlangga University)
- The Development of Islamic Economics, Banking and Financial Studies in Universities.
8. Prof. Dr. Sri-Edi Swasono, SE (Senior Professor from Indonesian University)
- The Prospect and Challanges of Indonesian Economic Recovery in Globalization Era through Self Reliance’s Policy.
9. Ahmad Riawan Amin, M.Sc (President Director of Bank Muammalat Indonesia)
- The Perspective Analisis of Legal Aspect on Islamic Banking and Industrial Development in Indonesia.
10. Yuslam Fauzi, SE, MBA (Presiden Director of Bank Syariah Mandiri Indonesia)
- The Steady Engine Growth of Islamic Banking and Finance in Indonesia
11. Mahmood Abussamah (Vice President of HSBC Amanah Indonesia)
- The Challanges, Opportunities and Prospect of Islamic Banking and Capital Market Development in Indonesia
12. Letjen (Purn.) Prabowo Subianto S. (Chairman of Indonesian Farmer Association)
- The Perpective of Green and White Revolution in Indonesia to Develope Agricultural Sector in Globalization Era.
13. Mustafa Edwin Nasution, Ph.D (Chairman of IAEI Central Broad)
- The Opportunities and Challenges of Islamic Economics Development in Indonesia
15. Prof. Dr. Hamzah Ismail (Professor of Islamic Business Management, Head of Graduate Studies Departement, INCEIF)
- Strategic Policy to Develope Islamic Banking and Finance in Malaysia
16. Dr. Subarjo Joyosumarto (Director of Indonesian Banking Development Institute)
- Preparing the Professional Human Capital for Islamic Banking and Finance
August, 1, 2008
08.00 am : Registration
08.30 am : Welcoming Remarks
- Prof. Dr. Suroso Imam Zadjuli, SE (Chairman, The International Seminar Committee)
- Prof. Dr. Mustafa Edwin Nasution (Chairman of IAEI Central Board)
09.00 am : Welcoming Address
- Prof. Dr. Fasich, Apt (Rector of Airlangga University)
- Letjen (Purn) H. Imam Utomo (Governor of East Java Province)
09.30 am : Official Opening Address
- Honorable Dr. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (President of The Republic of Indonesia)
10.00 am : Break
10.30 am : Keynote Address
- Prof. Dr. Boediono (Governor of Bank Indonesia)
11.00 am : Jum’ah Prayer and Lunch
14.00 pm : Panel Session One
- Prof. Dr. Alwi Shihab, Ph.D (Special Envoy for The Middle East Affairs of the Indonesian President)
- Dr. Ali Biniaz (Director of Centre for Internasional Economy and Energy, Institute for Political and Internasional Studies, Teheran, Iran)
- Dr. Mustafa Dasuqy Kasaba (Executive Director of Centre for Islamic Economics and Finance, Al Azhar University, Cairo)
15.30 pm : Break
15.45 pm : Panel Session Two
- Dr. Siti Chalimah Fadjrijah, SE, Akt., MM (Deputy Governor of Bank Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Hamzah Ismail (Professor of Islamic Business Management, Head of Graduate Studies Departement, INCEIF)
- Dr. Rachmat Waluyanto (The General Director of Ministry of Finance, Republic of Indonesia)
- Ahmad Riawan Amin, M.Sc (President Director of Bank Muamalat Indonesia)
17.30 pm : Break
18.30 pm : Panel Session Three
- Prof. Dr. Suroso Imam Zadjuli, SE (Chairman of IAEI and Director of Postgraduate Program, Airlangga University).
- Prof. Dr. Sri-Edi Swasono (Senior Professor of Indonesian University).
- Letjen (Purn.) Prabowo Subianto S. (Chairman of Indonesian Farmer Association).
20.00 pm : Panel Session Four
- Yuslam Fauzi, SE, MBA (Presiden Director of Bank Syariah Mandiri).
- Mahmood Abussamah (Vice President of HSBC Amanah Indonesia).
- Mustafa Edwin Nasution, Ph.D (Chairman of IAEI Central Broad)
- Dr. Subarjo Joyosumarto (Director of Indonesian Banking Development Institute)
21.30 pm : Closing
August, 02, 2008
08.00 am : Registration
08.30 am : Stadium General
12.30 pm : Pray and Lunch
14.00 pm : International Symposium and Colloqium
17.00 pm : Closing
August, 03, 2008
08.00 am : IAEI National Conference
12.15 pm : Closing
12.30 pm : Pray and Lunch
14.00 pm : City Tour
Praise to God the Almighty for His Benevolence and Divine Blessing that have permitted us to held the Internasional Seminar on Islamic Economics and we hope it will Insya Allah strengthen our belief and devotion by uttering the great names of Allah, the Generous and the Merciful, Amiin.
1. Miss. Nita Fitrisiah, Phone number: +62-31-5029856, +62-31-5015966,
Mobile phone: +62-813-32161215, +62-858-59083572.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
2. Mr. Agustianto, Phone number:+62-21-3924713, Mobile phone: +62-812-6081708.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
3. Miss. Desti Anggraini, Phone number: +62-21-3916376,
Mobile phone: +62-812-9464912, +62-878-78059356. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.